Last Updated on
Do you ever fight with hunger pangs? Are you hungry even after having a good meal? Have you ever asked yourself, “Why am I feeling hungry all the time?” For years long we crave for food at times when we are bored, stressed out, and sometimes we tend to eat because it is time to eat. Not taking sufficient amount of nutrients can be considered as one of the reasons to feel hungry. May be you are a food lover but it is surely not your fault to feel hungry all the time. Scientists revealed that when our stomach is empty our body naturally releases a hormone called Grehlin. This hormone causes hunger which is responsible for over eating and thus gaining weight.
Whether you want to lose weight or stay healthy keeping your hunger at bay is essential else you might end up with a plump body type. The best way to overcome this problem is to follow good diet and try to eat foods that suppress your appetite.
Keep a check on your calorie intake. Reducing the intake of 500 calories in a day, you could lose 50 pounds in a year. The strategy is simple, no crash diets, false food and don’t let your spirit down. Here are some general foods and recipes that helps you to curb hunger and stop your cravings.
Some evidences suggest that a dark chocolate serves as the natural appetite suppressants. It is true that we cannot resist chocolates, in such cases it is better if we opt for 2 to 3 dark chocolates per day. It tastes bitter but in fact this bitter taste of the dark chocolate is the key behind lowering your cravings. The steric acid in dark chocolates makes you feel satiated as it makes the digestion mechanism slower.
Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Sunflower oil- 1tbsp
- Popcorn Kernels- 75g
- Dark Chocolate- 300g
- Cocoa Solids- 50%
- White Chocolate- 50g
- Place the oil in a saucepan until very hot, add the popcorn kernels and immediately close the pan with the lid and cook until all the corn has popped.
- Now, remove the saucepan from heat.
- Take two bowls and melt both the chocolates separately over pans of simmering water or alternative you can also use microwave.
- Pour the popcorn into the dark chocolate and stir it until well coated.
- Take a baking tray and line it with non- sticking baking paper.
- Now, spread the coated pop corn onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle the white chocolate on the coated popcorn with a piping bag or with a spoon.
- Allow it to set, or you can store the chocolate popcorn in a airtight tin for 2- 3 days.
Micro waved Chocolate Pots Recipe
- Dark Chocolate- 300g
- Fromage Frais- 500g
- Break dark chocolate into a bowl.
- On microwave and set the oven temperature to 5ooW for 2-3 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Add fromage fraisand stir.
- Serve it in individual pots and eat straight away.
An avocado is one such food you need to add to your diet to suppress appetite. This fibre rich and monosaturated fat helps the food to digest for a longer time. The fats create a compound called OEA which helps in decreasing your appetite. Avocado is the rich source of L- carnitine. L- carnitine, an amino acid facilitates fat metabolism and it promotes fat loss. It can be included in your diet either by slicing or eating them in whole.
Cold Avocado Soup
- Seedless Cucumber, Chopped- ½
- Avocado, peeled and pitted- 1
- Shallot, chopped- 1
- Plain yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Fresh mint- 2 tbsp
- Fresh mint- 1 sprig
- Fresh Lime juice- 4 tsp
- Salt- 1 ½ tsp
- Ground Black Pepper- ¼ tsp
- Ground Cumin- ¼ tsp
- Radish, Chopped- 1
- Place the cucumber, avocado, yogurt, shallot, 2 tbsp mint, pepper, lime juice, salt, cumin and 1 cup cold water in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish it with radish and mint leaves and serve it.
Vegetable/Broth based Soups:
Including some hot broth- based soups before having lunch or dinner really sheds some pounds of fat in your daily life. You need to know that the fat and energy contents, temperature, viscosity and the way the ingredients blended also makes a difference and counts on appetite suppression. Always have one whole bowl of soup that reduces meal intake such that the necessary vitamins, proteins and minerals are flourished into your body.
Fresh Tomato Avocado Soup
- Tomatoes, chopped- 4
- Red onions, chopped- ¼ cup
- Seedless cucumber, chopped- ¼ cup
- Red bell pepper, chopped- ¼ cup
- Garlic, chopped- 1 clove
- Extra virgin olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Red wine Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Cumin- ½ tsp
- Cayenne Pepper- 1/8 tsp
- Avocados, diced- 2(about 2 cups)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except avocado.
- Mash lightly with a potato masher, sir in 1 cup water, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the avocado and serve immediately.
Vegetable and Lentil Soup with Sherried Onions Recipe:
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Red Onions, thinly sliced- 3
- Sherry Vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves -2
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
- Smoked Paprika- ½ tsp
- Rinsed Puy Lentils- 150g
- Chopped fresh Rosemary- 1 tbsp
- Leek, thinly sliced and rinsed- 1
- ½ head broccoli, shredded
- 1 parsnip, cut into small dice
- Vegetable stock- 1 litre
- Courgettes- 2 sliced into 5mm discs
- Handful of fresh Parsley Leaves
- Handful of fresh Mint leaves
- Greek style yogurt (thick) – 100g
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onions for 10 minutes.
- Put half the onions in a bowl and add vinegar and cumin seeds to the onions left in the pan.
- Cook over a high heat and stir it, as the vinegar evaporates transfer this to another bowl and keep it aside.
- Return the other onions to the pan with bay leaves, stock, rosemary, paprika, leek, lentils and parsnip.
- Boil and simmer for 15- 20 minutes and cover it until the lentils are cooked.
- Add broccoli and courgettes to this mixture and cook more for 90 seconds, mix in the parsley and season.
- Serve into bowls, season with some mint and shredded onions and a dollop of yogurt.
Including fibre rich foods in your diet go hand in hand in fat burning process as well as in curbing your hunger. Intake of ginger, garlic, almonds, flex seeds, legumes, cayenne pepper, and sweet potatoes also helps in reducing the hunger feelings that arise unnecessarily. I hope this article served you best in understanding what kind of diet keeps you away from hunger to stay fit.