We always marvel at the fact that celebrities have such enviable bodies. How do they manage to stay so fit? Despite their hectic schedules, how do they manage to flaunt their trim and lean bodies in super glamorous clothes? So is it about their secret diet or exercise, and what is it about their diet that helps them to stay fit all year around? Interested to know their secrets? Do they indulge in high-octane aerobic exercises? Or do they eat fat-burning foods, to stay fit? This article will help you incorporate these secrets and stay fit and healthy the celebrity way!
A Few Tips that Celebrities Endorse
There are many instances, where we have seen a celebrity transform himself/herself from fat to fit, and if that was not enough, they become super fit! If you have just started your journey to becoming fit, these tips or ways to stay healthy will help you correct yourself from going wrong, and also to stay motivated and inspired to reach your goals, if you falter midway.
- Move more -“Move more,”that’s what celebrity fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala endorses. She says our body was meant for movement, so stop being lazy and move your way to fitness and health.
- No carbohydrates after 6pm – This is a dietary regime endorsed by most celebrities.” Zip your mouth post 6pm, or after sundown.” This is one of the chief weight loss mantras that RJ Mallishka shared when she revealed the secret to her now trim figure. She lost 16 kgs, in less than five months.
- Loads of Green Tea – This is endorsed by most celebrities who sip on copious amount of green tea throughout the day. The benefits of green tea are now known to everybody, it has various fat burning properties, which help you trim your frame effectively.
- Regular exercise – Now we all know that if we want to shed the stubborn pounds, we have to sweat out an hour or two in the gym. But that’s not always true. Pick up a celebrity workout which you are more likely to follow and stick to it. That can be running, gymming, yoga, pilates, zumba, aerobics, or just dance to your favorite Bollywood songs. Do what you enjoy, so lose weight the fun way.
- Hot Yoga – Most celebrities swear by hot yoga, right from Hollywood actresses to Bollywood stars. Most stars cannot love hot yoga, as it helps reach their fitness goal sooner. Jennifer Aniston, Madonna, Kareena Kapoor and so on endorse it. It not only helps you stay fit but also helps you look young and puts the glow back on your face! Still not convinced? Try yoga for weight loss and do Surya Namaskars see the miraculous effect the ancient regime has on your face and body.
- Have plenty of water and fruits – If you are planning to lose weight, it is imperative that you restrict calories, especially carbs, and in place of that have loads of water and fruits, the top healthy foods to eat. If you notice, most stars have amazing skin, and it is purely because they include lots of fruits and veggies in their diets. “Most of what I eat is healthy fruits and vegetables, grilled fish and meat, but 20 percent is whatever I want.” Says Kelly Rowland, the former Destiny’s Child singer.
- Eat the right food at the right time – “Only one thing which I have followed in my life, which I would like to share with you all, is that eat your food before sunset. It will make a lot of difference,” said Akshay Kumar once, and that is one of the tips for healthy life we should be sure to follow. If he has been able to stay fit and healthy for so many years, his fitness mantras should act as a shining example for all others to follow, especially the ones who aspire to be fit and healthy like him.
- An hour of pilates every morning – That’s what most stars are doing right now. Pilates seems to be the latest fitness fad which has hooked most of the Bollywood brigade. It helps you to get that sculpted abdomen which everyone aspires to get without much success. So take up Pilates and work on those abs like never before. This is indeed one of the best exercises to lose weight.
- Staying away from fried foods and desserts – That is what most follow to the tee. Barring the occasional indulgence, they stay away from sugar and white flour. Well, if you really want to be fit, you have to forget about indulging in oily snacks and sugary stuff every other day. If you want to know how Bhumi Pednekar lost such a massive amount of weight, It is mainly because she steered away from white sugar and white flour, and substituted them with the healthier version of these foodstuffs.
- Six small meals a day – This step is easy to understand and follow. It involves eating small meals after every 2-3 hours (8 or 9 meals per day). This eating habit will help people from feeling overly hungry, thus eliminating the need to gorge in a single sitting. The meals contain all the essential nutrition needed by the body. This way of eating is adhered to by most Famous nutritionist, Rujuta Diwekar, can’t stop sing praises about this diet regime and all her clients follow it to get great results, right from Anil Ambani to Kareena Kapoor.
- Have lots of juices – Many celebrities go for juice cleanses which they think help get rid of the toxins accumulated in the body. This is a marvelous way to lose weight and stay fit and healthy, but it can be done only under the supervision of a doctor. There are juicing methods like the master cleanse, where you drink a mixture of lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper (mixed with water) whenever you are hungry, for ten days. This method was followed by Ashton Kutcher. They try various juicing recipes for weight loss.
- Keep the exercise routine intense and power packed – Whether it’s TRX suspension training, piloxing, or CrossFit, celebrities try new methods to keep their fitness routines interesting and challenging. These are all great exercises for belly fat. Try any of these latest workouts and lose weight like all these celebrities.
- Going gluten-free -It is a dietary fad followed by many celebrities including Bill Clinton. Whether you have celiac disease or not, just going gluten-free can help you lose weight and stay fit. This is also a diet plan to lose weight fast.
- Staying away from soda – It is one of the lifestyle changes that everyone is going for. Cutting out the soda from your diet will help you to shrink your waist like no other. So nix the empty calories and if you are thirsty, remember it is water that will quench your thirst and help you lose the extra pounds as well.
- No shortcuts to the door of glory – There are really no shortcuts to weight loss. You have to stick around and keep at it until you reach your fitness goals. Most of the celebrities who have lost a massive amount of weight have stuck to it even when they have reached a weight-loss plateau.
These are the tips which have helped the famous people lose weight and stay fit. Let us explore a few recipe ideas so that you can incorporate their eating habits and make it part of your lifestyle.
Recipes Which the Celebrities Concoct in Their Kitchen to Lose Weight and Stay Fit
Whenever we think of celebrities eating practices, we think that they eat food that costs the earth. But it is not always true when it comes to weight loss. They follow simple rules, but what they do is stick to them with a lot of dedication and determination.
This is a burger which has been concocted by none other than Gwyneth Paltrow, who always endorses a healthy lifestyle which keeps the pounds in check and also keeps diseases away. This is also a great protein food to include in your diet.
- 1 pound ground chicken (preferably dark meat)
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 shallots, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced red chili (or more or less, however, hot you like it)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (such as canola, grapeseed, or safflower oil)
- Thoroughly mix chicken with garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 4 burgers, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until nicely marked and firm to the touch.
This chocolate pudding by Jason Mraz is a wonderful dessert which is great for your heart too.
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1.5 cups dates, soaked in water for 1 hour, drained, roughly chopped
- 2 cups raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- Raw organic honey
- Mash avocados until creamy.
- Add chopped dates and vanilla. Mix well to bring everything together.
- Add half a cup of cacao powder, mix well, taste, then add another half cup of cacao powder, and repeat until the pudding is chocolatey enough for you. Be sure to take it in steps like this, as adding too much cacao can make the pudding somewhat bitter.
- If the dates don’t sweeten the pudding to your satisfaction, add a little raw organic honey, and give the pudding another good mix.
For extra texture and flavor, sprinkle raw organic cashews on top.
This is a great snack option by Bethenny Frankel, which you can munch on when you are famished and not worry about the piling calorie count! These are also great foods to increase metabolism.
- 4 cups rolled cut oats
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries, dried cherries or dried blueberries
- Set oven to 300 degrees, and place the oven rack to center position. Lightly oil two large baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats with nuts and spices. In a small bowl, stir together the warm water with maple syrup and vanilla. Slowly pour the syrup mixture over the nut mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Spread out the greased baking sheets.
- Bake on the center oven rack for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to prevent burning until the granola is crumbly and golden. Remove from the oven and stir in fruit and raisins.
- When the mixture is cool, store it in an airtight container for up to five days or refrigerate it for one month.
Healthy Peanut Banana Pudding
Annette Funicello’s healthy dessert is a Godsend for all those who are staying away from desserts to lose weight. You can keep a check on the calorie count as well when you enjoy this delicious pudding. Check out this healthy meal to lose weight.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup creamy-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream, sweetened
- In a saucepan, stir together brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; stir 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour peanut butter pudding between layers of sliced bananas in individual serving dishes. Chill to serve. Top with sweetened whipped cream if desired.
This dish by Barbara Bush has all the right ingredients which will help you get your requisite calories for lunch and is a healthy substitute for all that unhealthy stuff you reach out for in your office. So have this as part of your weight loss diet.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 3/4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 3/4 teaspoons basil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup skim or whole milk, or half-and-half
- Pre-bake the pie shell until golden brown and then glaze with an egg white and/or mustard before filling. Then put the pie on top of a cookie sheet or baking sheet on lower 1/3 part of the oven. This will keep the crust from getting soggy.
- Position rack in lower 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and shallots together. Stir in seasonings and cook 2 minutes until liquid is evaporated. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs with milk or cream and beat well. Stir in mushroom mixture and pour into pie crust. Bake until filling is puffed, set and starting to brown — about 35 to 45 minutes.
Celebrities follow a strict fitness regime to look like they do, and also to amp their stamina so that they are able to do their work with a lot of dedication and fortitude. Theirs isn’t an easy lifestyle to emulate but if you do follow their exercises to burn fat and healthy habits, you will be able to lose weight and also stay fit and healthy.