Last Updated on
Blood Pressure and its Existence:
The force with which blood is pushed against the walls of arteries for every heart beat is called the Blood Pressure. When the pressure is high, it’s called Systolic Pressure and when the pressure is low its called Diastolic pressure. Systolic blood pressure of 120mmHg and Diastolic blood pressure of 80mmHg are considered to be the normal readings. It is called high blood pressure if the readings are 140/90mmHg, on more than one occasion.
- Thyroid problem
- Kidney disease
- Abnormalities in arteries
- Narrowing of arteries in heart
- Dangerous & sudden Heart Attack
- Sleep disorder called Sleep apnoea
Note: One may be at an increased risk of developing high blood pressure if he is suffering from obesity or overweight or with a family history. Individuals who are stressed out or have advanced age, follow an unhealthy lifestyle, or are on medications for asthma and common cold tend to develop high blood pressure. Frequent consumption of Coffee and Tea also can cause high blood pressures. Alcoholics and smokers are prone to developing symptoms of high blood pressure.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure:
- Severe head ache
- Fatigue or confusion
- Vision problems
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in urine
- Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears
These symptoms of high blood pressure indicate one to get to medical attention as soon as possible because the complications like heart attack or stroke are pretty high. Untreated high blood pressure results in stress, over the health of the whole body. High blood pressure can lead to rupture of blood vessels, which can cause internal bleeding in the brain. It can also leads to clots in the brain that can cause brain stroke, which is fatal. Sometimes unclear vision or blindness could also be resulted, due to this rupture.
Due to the high blood pressure, kidneys may become narrower and stiffer which result’s in decline of kidney function. The kidneys stop filtering the blood, toxic waste starts accumulating in blood. There might also be some chest pain experienced due to difficulty in pumping of oxygen laden blood. The blood flow can be blocked by the blood clots or the cholesterol, which can lead to heart attack. To avoid all these complications it is important to control the higher coefficient of blood pressure.
Ones diagnosed with high blood pressure, tests will be ordered to check for causes of high blood pressure. To assess the damage coefficient in the organs of the body and for its treatment, getting through these tests is very important. The tests may include:
- Ultrasound for kidneys
- CT scan for abdomen
- Urine tests for electrolytes and hormones.
- Lipid profile tests for levels of various kinds of cholesterol.
- Special tests for hormones of the adrenal glands or the thyroid gland.
- Blood tests for measurement of electrolytes, blood urea and creatinine levels.
- A non-invasive, painless eye examination with an ophthalmoscope will look for ocular damage.
Extended Tests for Insight Analysis:
Persistent symptoms of high blood pressure tends to damage heart and blood vessels, therefore following tests may also be needed to assess the status of that person:
- Ultra sound for abdomen or CT scan if they suspect BP is due to tumour or kidney problem.
- ECG (Electrocardiogram) is done to assess the damage of heart muscle, which is a common complication of high blood pressure.
- Chest X-RAY is done to estimate the heart size.
- Doppler ultrasound is used to check blood flow through arteries at the pulse point in your arms, legs, hands and feet.
Therefore it is important to get regular check up done, for timely diagnosis of symptoms of high blood pressure. To detect if the high blood pressure is harming other parts of the body, it is advised to observe the symptoms. Get them checked and take the opinion of the best source for better diagnosis. Second and third opinions are to be preferred in case of high severity. Students who buy MLA style essays from online writing companies should also know that there are companies which provide services which are of low quality. Use our custom essay writers and we guarantee premium MLA style essays for they are trained and also they have skills and experience in MLA and other academic essay writing services.