Last Updated on
With the monsoon blues hitting you very often, you might be dwelling in the seasonal changes that keep you rejuvenated every now and then. It’s okay if you forget to take care of your health and body for quite some time. But you dare to forget the whole season? The answer is a perfect NO, as you know you need to take extra care of your skin, hair and health. As you can find noticeable changes in weather, taking formidable steps would decrease your efforts as the season continues.
Simple Skin, Hair and Health Care Tips for Monsoon
The resistance of the body is naturally reduced because of the infections one commonly faces in monsoon. These include common cold, flu, indigestion problems, jaundice, cough, dysentery, typhoid etc., So, it is important that you need to take care of the food you eat and the water you drink. You also get affected with skin diseases like prickly heat, eczema etc.,
Besides, it is important to take care of your pretty good hair especially in the rainy season. Your hair remains moist for longer time and even after a shower you still find it difficult to dry and it remains moist because of humid climate. Wet hair may lead to bad odour. So here are some tips to take care of your skin, hair and body to maintain healthy and good look all through the monsoon.
Skin Care Tips:
There is a lot more to take care of your skin this monsoon as dust particles easily settle on your skin which eventually damages the regular soft and toned look your skin possess. Here are some tips to maintain your skin healthy:
- Most of the times use soap free cleansers and a good scrub so as to keep your skin moist all the time.
- An alcohol free toner is suggested as the high humidity could open up your pores (Toning is usually followed after cleansing).
- Most of them stop using sunscreen once the climate turns cool, but you must continue it even if it is cloudy.
- Heavy makeup is a huge turn off in rains, better if one opts for a water- proof makeup.
- Opt for a lotion- based serum, which keeps your skin rehydrated and brightens it up.
- Avoid bleaching and facials in this season, as bleaching could do more harm for your face and facial makes your skin rough.
- Wash your lips at night and apply some milk cream. Avoid lipsticks especially the dark shaded ones. Apply coconut oil if they are slightly cracked.
- Waxing, pedicure, and manicure are always recommended to give your skin and body a toned look all the time.
- Always wash your face, hands and feet as soon as you reach your home with lukewarm water. This makes you feel refreshed and stay healthy.
However there are different other methods based on whether the skin is oily or dry. These are the general tips that you must follow as the season begins.
Hair Care Tips:
It is as important to take care of your hair as you take care of your body. The best method is to keep good care by following some safety measures:
- Most of the times try to protect your hair from rains, but that’s something impossible as we get caught in rains at least once in a while.
- As you reach home better wash your hair with mild shampoos and let it dry.
- Always apply shampoos in a gentle manner and do not forget to use a conditioner in this season after every wash.
- At night times, massage your hair with warm coconut oil and comb your hair for the even distribution of oil on your scalp and hair.
- You can also try applying warm oil mixed with curry leaves for your hair to remain thick and black.
- Usually in this season you invite itchy scalp because of dandruff or some other reasons. For such irritating scalp applying neem oil is the best remedy.
- Replacing herbal products in place of heavy organic shampoos and conditioners to maintain the natural glossy look of the hair would be best suggestible.
- Hair coloring is not a good idea in this season as it takes very long to wash your hair and dry. Keep it as natural as possible.
- Beer is a good conditioner. Initially wash your hair with beer and after few minutes wash it off with cold water. This tip helps your hair in adding glow to your hair.
- Use of hair dryers though necessary it is better suggested if you limit its usage. Instead opt for dry towels to remove moist from your hair.
Till the end of this season it is better suggested to keep your hair as simple as possible and avoid elaborate hairstyles. Nothing can beat the natural beauty.
You need to be extremely careful in maintaining a healthy diet this season as the food we intake is more prone to fungal, viral and bacterial infections which naturally affects the body’s immunity.
- Continue drinking plenty of water in this season as it is important to keep your body hydrated every time.
- Wash all the fruits and vegetables, especially the green leafy vegetables and cauliflower as they play a host for worms and larvae and dirt from streets.
- Keep your body warm as it becomes easy for viruses to attack once the body temperature cools down.
- Avoid uncooked fruits and salads in this season as the possibility of getting caught by germs in these kinds of foods is much higher.
- Instead eat salads blenched in boiling water to disinfect them and a healthy vegetable soup that keeps your body warm. This helps your skin nourish from inside.
- If you are suffering from asthma and diabetes, avoid staying near wet walls as it could be more harmful which increase the growth of fungus.
- Including garlic, pepper, ginger, turmeric, jeera powder and coriander in your diet as it helps in reducing indigestion problems and improves your immune system.
- Do not walk bear footed or wear wet shoes in this season specifically suggested for diabetic patients.
- Increase milk products, nuts and soya products which give your hair natural healthy look.
- Maintain general hygiene and avoid road side vendor food as the food easily gets affected with bacteria and fungi.
- Fresh foods are the best served this season and avoid any food that is straight away from the fridge.
- Avoid sleeping in the day time and extreme physical exercises but do not forget to regulate your exercises to stay fit and healthy.
Following these general skin, hair and health tips for your body would definitely help you to gear up your monsoon blues. Get ready to glow this monsoon.