Alcohol is the Modern Day Devils Foot. It is the dark shadow that every family never wants to experience. Alcohol is most consumed as an addiction than as a medicine. Practically most of the medicines have high Alcohol content than compared to the drinks available, but the purpose of taking them is different. Than treating, it is observed that health disasters with alcohol are more in count.
People started preferring alcohol to water with food, ignoring the benefits of consuming water. As our ancestors prefer, anything in limit has a great possibility to serve for its purpose. If the outbound take their way, the whole world looks at us to count the odds.
Health Disasters with Alcohol: BAC
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) helps us to know the effects on human body. It helps us even to determine the behaviour of each person, when consumed alcohol. Some of the factors that can be considered to determine the effects of alcohol are:
- Type or brand of Alcohol consumed
- Quantity Consumed
- Body Constitution and properties (like age, weight,)
- Food consumed
- Psychological situation of the person
- Ages since they have been consuming Alcohol
Many of us consume alcohol for relaxing, socializing celebrating and some even for its taste. The behavior of every person consuming alcohol is different from the other. When it comes to this aspect, the prediction always fails. Consuming alcohol makes the brain dizzy, depresses the brain and decreases the control over the body. This reduction of control results in many indiscipline behaviors and damages with high effective consequences. These effects can be different with the span of consumption. Some of such effects are:
Impulsive Effects on Body: Compositional health disasters with alcohol
Alcohols effect immediately on body. Within a span of 3 minutes the brain gets effected and starts being controlled by Alcohol. The BAC lunges high for the next 30 minutes for every drink consumed. Increased consumption may result in higher BAC. Human body can support just a drink/ hour. Impulsive Stages of Human after Consumption of Alcohol
- BAC < 0.05 g% – Talkative, Relaxed, persons Confidence might Increase
- 0.05 < BAC > 0.08 g%- Talkative, Self Confident, Impairments of Judgement and movements
- 0.08 < BAC > 0.15 g%- Speech slurred, Impairments of body balance, low coordinative reflexes, Nausea, vomiting
- 0.15 < BAC > 0.30g%- Apathetic, Sleepy, Loss of bladder Control, possibility of losing consciousness
- BAC > 0.30 g%- Coma, Death
Linear Effects on Human Body: Long term health disasters with alcohol
Approximately, 10,000 people die due to over consumption of Alcohol. These prove pretty regular visitors of hospitals. Minimum business of 1000 Cr.s is spent for treatment by regular alcohol consumers. Some of the major health disasters with alcohol are:
- Heart: Damages like enlargements, sudden strokes, increased blood pressure etc result ailing of Heart.
- Liver: Alcohol acidifies the body when consumed in high quantities. This results in improper functioning of Liver.
- Digestive System: Due to increased acidification digestion problems are observed. This can even result in cancers in digestive system, formation of ulcers etc.
- Reproductive Abilities: Due to regular consumption of alcohol sexual impotence and reduced fertility are observed majorly.
- Brain: Mood and Personality changes, concentration and memory problems
- Risk to Unborn Babies
Effects after Deserting Alcohol:
Many of us must have heard of odd behaviour or health problems of people who consume alcohol. Once it becomes a regular habit, it will have a long lasting effect over human body. Even alcohol comes under such category of products. Some of the problems that people might face after deserting alcohol are:
So people who want to abolish drinking are advised to do it under proper medical attention to prevent complications.
How to Reduce the Effect of Alcohol?
The ill-effects of alcohol can be reduced significantly if you follow certain tips. Though giving up alcohol is the idea you should stand by, if you cannot resist a sip, then here are a few things you should certainly follow.
- Supplementation is the key- You have heard that fish oil has numerous benefits.According to recent research, the benefits also includereducing some of the damage caused to your brain by binge drinking. That does not give you any licence to up your drinking quotathough, so you must make it a point that you do not make binge drinking a habit.
- Exercise can help you get rid of a splitting headache which you got by drinking yourself sick-Perhaps you have downed cups of black coffee and it has not helped you, so here is how you can get over a hangover, just do cardio! Sounds way too simple, doesn’t it? Well, research has substantiated that exercise can reverse brain damage caused by heavy drinking.
Even if you feel like not doing any high-intensity exercises, try low-impact exercises like cycling.
- Alcohol can affect your skin, so go nuts- Alcohol not only affects your health but also affects your skin. Bank on the power of nuts like walnuts (rich in antioxidants), which can helprejuvenate your skin and prevent it from turning sallow. So, are your stocking up on nuts?
- You cannot ignore zinc either- Boosting your immunity is one way of combating the ill-effects of alcohol. Find different ways of doing so like adding sunflower seeds, oysters and different kinds of foods containing zinc to your diet.
- Fats, your BFF- You have ignored fats all along, thinking it can add to your health woes. When actually the opposite is true. Protect your liver and do it with good quality fats such as avocado, high both in dietary fibre and “good” Your bodywill thank you.
- Have more fruits- Fill up on fruits. Light-skinned fruits like apples and bananas can reduce your stroke risk by about 52%. Smoothie it up or crunch on it raw, fruits cannot be ignored at any cost, especially when you are unable to give up on your drinking habits.
Guidelines for Consuming Alcoholic drinks
- It is advised that, people who drink regularly should not be exceeding the limit of ‘2’ standard drinks
- Occasionally it can be increased to ‘4’. But to avoid possible aliments for future, it is advised not to exceed this limit.
Exercise – One of the Better ways to reduce the ill-effects of alcohol
Yoga can be used as a therapy to beat addiction, especially alcohol addiction. Yoga can not only help make you more positive, but your positive mind can impact you body too, of course in a positive way.
Yoga can help reverse the damage that the body undergoes because of excessive alcohol consumption. Yoga helps communicate with the various systems of the body, reviving and rejuvenating them.
With yoga, you can lead a healthy life, mainly by maintaining homeostasis and can get in touch with your innate self; healing your abused body, mind and spirit.
What works is a complete asana and pranayamaroutine that canprove to be an excellent tool to help you abstain from alcohol not for a few days, but forever. What you should keep in your mindis that that you need to follow the techniques regularly to see any results. The journey, by no means is easy, but it can be endured with patience and fortitude.
When you begin to practice yoga, the first thing that hits your mind is that you have to contort your body into strange positions to get the maximum benefits, but it isn’t true really. There are simple asanas that can help mitigate the effects of alcohol.
1. The Couch Pose
The couch pose expands the chest and the lungs, and helps increase the oxygen intake. This helps in further strengthening the lungs. It also benefits the abdominal functioning of internal organs and boost the digestive system. It further helps the proper drainage of the lymphatic system, helping get rid of the accumulated toxins.
This also ensures fresh flow of blood which enhances functioning of the vocal cords and throat, thus helping ward off infections. This asana is particularly suited for alcohol withdrawal treatment.
Method: Lie down on your back
- Fold a leg and place it right by the side of your hip.
- Try to bring your knees close together. Do ensure that your head, neck and rest of the body stays in one straight line.
- Continue to breathe normally.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- You can also practice this asana by simultaneously folding two legs.
2. Seated Forward Bend Pose
The seated forward bend pose or paschimottasana calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.This is a great exercise to stretch out the spine, shoulders, and hamstrings, besides stimulating the liver, ovaries, kidneys and uterus. It also improves your digestion. Itreduces the effects of alcohol on the body, as it soothes headaches and reduces anxiety and feelings of extreme fatigue.
Method: Sit on the floor and keep your back erect
- Inhale and stretch your legs in front of you
- Keep your knees firm and see to it that you don’t bend them while performing the asana.
- Exhale and bend forward, holding your toes and try to touch your forehead to your knees.
- Keep this pose for 10 seconds.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
3. The Fish Pose:
The fish pose or matsayasana pose stretches the chest and the neck, it helps relieve tension around your chest and neck region. It provides relief from respiratory disorders and encourages deep breathing. It tones up all the important glands, namely the parathyroid, pituitary and pineal glands.
Method: Sit in the Padmasana or Sukhasana pose
- Taking support of the hands and elbows, lie back.
- Keep your hands bent over your head.
- Breathe normally.
4. The Eagle Pose:
The Eagle Pose provides superlative holistic benefits that stimulatethe immune system and encourage balance, and also align the chakras. Your mind and spirit gets rejuvenated with this asana. Thus, Garudasana or the eagle pose tones downthe effects of alcohol consumption.
- Standing straight; try and twist one leg around the other so that your toe touches the back of your erect lower leg, while you exhale.
- Maintain the balance while you increase the pressure ofthe ankle lock.
- Repeat the pose on the other side with the same arm as your leg twists around the other arm to join your palms together.
- Maintain the pose while you inhale and return to the starting position.
5. Sarvangasana pose:
Sarvangasana is a Sanskrit word, which signifies ‘Sarv’, meaning ‘entire’; ‘Anga’ actually means body parts and ‘Asana’ means pose. This asana is great to beat symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and it is one of the few yoga poses that can stimulate and regulate the entire body, thusshowing benefits from toes to fingers.
Method: Lie down on the floor.
- Lift your legs straight up and take care not to bend your knees.
- Lift your hips off the floor.
- Now, you can lift your lower back as well and support your body by forming a stand with the help of your arms, resting your elbows on the ground.
- Support your entire body on your shoulders.
- Hold this pose as long as you can.
- Return to the starting position.
Avoid alcohol at any cost, its repercussions can have long term consequences. Your health is in your hands, and if you take ample care of it, you are sure to improve your quality of life to a great extent. As they say, alcohol addiction is the only prison where the locks are on the inside. Yes, you can unlockit and set yourself free. But the question is, are you willing to abstain from this intoxicating drink?
- Eat before Drinking
- It is advised to put a time limit for each drink.
- Do not exceed the limits, that one put for himself
- Do not mix Alcohol with Drugs
- Note it not to Drink riving, Boating, Swimming, or any physical activity.
Support and Encourage one if chooses to abolish Drinking. In addition to these, Alcohol may even impact on relationships, finances, work and family. Some of these can lead to legal issues that might affect career of a person. Encourage cure but not health disasters with alcohol. So, to avoid many such mishappenings in life, it is advised to stay away from alcohol and preferred to take some natural drinks. Dissertations are made and broken on the sort of sources used.
You can go down to the local library and choose the same books hundreds of your predecessors have. This isn’t going to impress anybody. Instead, order a dissertation and get access to our exclusive academic libraries. We hold subscriptions to many academic libraries not available to the general public. It’s how we make sure our dissertation completion services will always reinforce your points and make your argument fool proof.