Last Updated on
Most people follow diets only to give up on them a few months later. Do you wonder why you are simply unable to keep up with a diet plan for more than one or two months? It is simply because diets are so restrictive; well, most of them are. So when you are fed up with the weight you are unable to lose, you gradually crawl back to your old way of not so healthy living.
The story of your life? Yes, most of us find diets pretty unsustainable, so when a new kind of diet catches the imagination of health-conscious people, you regard it with a lot of skepticism, especially when the diet tells you to eat more to lose more! Now, is that even possible? The fast metabolism diet claims to do just that. You can even lose twenty pounds in the first month itself!
- All the facts on the Fast Metabolism Diet
- How Does this Diet Plan Work?
- One Diet For All
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Food Guidelines
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Meal Plan
- Does your Metabolism need Revving up?
- Metabolism Diet and Some Rules to Adhere by
All the facts on the Fast Metabolism Diet
Now that I have got your interest piqued, read on. Though all of this “eat more to lose more” seems unbelievable and not only that, it sounds just the opposite of all that you have ever heard of diets and weight loss, you can breathe easy as all these claims are science-backed.
If you cannot tolerate the extra fat on your stomach nor the extra weight your weighing machine tells you to lose, then the fast metabolism diet plan is exactly what you should look at to shed the excess pounds. There is a reason the book (by Haylie Pomroy) has been there in the best-selling stands in New York for ages.
The fast metabolism diet is the brainchild of celebrated Hollywood diet consultant Hailey Pomroy, who has successfully established the fact that you can lose more weight by revving up your metabolism, by eating more food.
If you are convinced enough to follow this diet you are in hallowed company. Jennifer Lopez, Cher, Robert Downey Jr. and so on, have followed this diet with great success.
How Does this Diet Plan Work?
Metabolism is a process where the chemical processes in your body produce the heat to sustain life. During the process of metabolism, the compounds are broken down to give off heat and energy. The simple molecules are changed into complex compounds, which turn into proteins, which help in the building, growth and repair of the body’s tissues.
The process of metabolism metamorphosizes into the fuel to build up a particular body substance like the muscle, bone, fat and blood. Now if you really have a revved up metabolism, the transformation of the nutrients into heat and energy happens really effortlessly and the result is a strong and healthy body.
But, if you are like the most of us and have a sluggish metabolism, you need to make it work harder and faster. You will find that the body stores these nutrients instead of burning them, leading to fat accumulation instead of turning them into muscle development.
So, is the diet sustainable and not too difficult to follow a la the cabbage soup diet, the baby food diet or the master cleanse diet? Though you may have lost a few kilograms with fad diets, you have been made to go through a diet wringer; and at the end of this whole diet drama, you also felt your immunity weakened and your body the worser from yo-yo dieting.
So is this diet going to make you feel any different? The diametric of this diet plan is rather simple, and the best part you don’t have to feel miserable because you don’t have to stay famished in order to lose weight. This metabolism diet focuses on making you eat the right foods at the right time. Er…now you are left wondering is that is it even a diet? It sounds all too simple!
One Diet For All
This diet suits everybody and since it is super healthy and not a nutrient stripping one, it suits pretty much everybody, you just cannot go wrong with it. Everyone can come out with something good from this diet. This diet consists of three phases which you can follow to lose weight and feel great. The process is simple; you just add the kind of foods which speed up your metabolism. The three phases include:
Step 1 or phase 1 (Mondays or Tuesdays)
Your body is in a perennial state of stress and the first two days are to make the adrenals ready for the coming days and de-stress, so that you are able to absorb the nutrients better.
In this phase, carbs and fruits should be your go to foods. When you rest your metabolism, it gets a signal that you are no longer stressed, so your body does not store fat.
Step 2 or Phase 2 (Wednesdays and Thursdays)
Once your body is de-stressed, your body is ready to turn into a fat burning machine. Now, it is time to use that accumulated fat and then utilize it to good effect. Your mid-week, namely, Wednesday and Thursday is all about focusing on the next bit of your dietary plan, namely proteins and vegetables. These two days your body will burn all the food you eat and also your body will start utilizing the fat reserve for energy.
Step 3 or Phase 3 (Fridays and Saturdays)
So in the last phase, you can initiate the burn. The three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the dieters can eat most of the foods which are listed in the week besides adding the healthy fats and oils. This is the time when the metabolism shoots up and you are allowed to have a variety of more foods.
The Fast Metabolism Diet Food Guidelines
The foods which are a strict no-no in the fast metabolism diet plan are the following, no wheat, corn, dairy, sugar, caffeine, soy, alcohol, dried fruit or fruit juices along with artificial sweeteners, foods labeled fat-free and so on.
Phase 1- you need to consume high-glycemic foods, a moderate quantity of protein and low-fat in days 1 and 2.
Phase 2- In this phase, you need to include high-protein foods, so ideally, you should have more vegetables and low-carbohydrate and low-fat foods too, in the days 3 and 4.
Phase 3- In this phase, you need to include the food group which you ignored till now, that is high healthy fat, a moderate amount of carbohydrate, a moderate amount of protein, and low-glycemic fruits on the days 5, 6, and 7.
Here, the more weight you have to lose, the more you have to increase the portion sizes.
- Vegetables- You can have unlimited veggies as long as they are the right ones.
- Protein- The amount of protein you can consume is limited to 4 ounces of meat, 6 ounces of fish, 3 egg whites and ½ cups cooked legumes.
- Grains- 1 cup cooked grains, or 28-30 grams of whole-grain, or make that ¼ cups of crackers or pretzels. 1 slice sprouted grain or 1 sprouted grain tortilla.
- Fruit- 1 piece of the right fruit
- Fat- You need to eliminate fat from your diet for the first two days and then add it in the last phase.
- Smoothies- Stick to one glass(12 ounces). The portions mentioned here are per meal and not for the whole day.
The Fast Metabolism Diet Meal Plan
Since this diet is unlike you have ever had, it may turn out to be a little difficult to follow, but if you get the basics right, you will be able to get used to this new eating plan.
- Eat 3 meals which are carb-rich but with moderate protein, low-fat meals, and at least include 2 fruit snacks in Make sure you include at least five meals a day and not keep a gap of more than 3-4 hours.
- Do not forget to add enough complex carbohydrates each day.
- Breakfast: Make breakfast a simple affair, add a grain and fruit. Don’t wait for four hours to eat your breakfast, eat within the first 30 minutes of your waking up.
- Snack: Eat a fruit 3 hours after you have had your breakfast.
- Lunch: Keep your lunch simple, adding a portion of grain, a portion of protein, fruit and vegetables, also don’t forget to have your lunch 3 hours after you have had your snack.
- The evening snack: Have a fruit 3-4 hours later.
- Dinner: Your dinner should consist of a portion of grain, a portion of protein, and vegetable 3-4 hours later again.
Fast Metabolism Meal Plan
A sample diet plan will help you to get an idea as to what to include and what to exclude from your everyday meals.
Phase 1 Sample Meal Plan
- Breakfast: French toast with an apple (fruit and grain)
- Snack: Asian pear
- Lunch: Chicken sandwich with a celery and asparagus salad (grain, protein, fruit and veggie)
- Snack: mango (fruit)
- Dinner: rice chicken and steamed spinach (grain, protein, and veggie)
Phase 2 Sample Meal Plan
- Breakfast: Egg white and broccoli omelet (protein and veggie)
- Snack: Smoked haddock and lettuce and celery salad (protein and veggie)
- Lunch: a tomato salad with braised fish fillet (protein and veggie)
- Snack: a chicken salad (protein)
- Dinner: a green salad along with a six ounce grilled or broiled steak (protein and veggie)
Phase 3 Sample Meal Plan
- Breakfast: Whole Egg and multi-grain toast with tomato and onion (Fruit, fat, grain, and veggie)
- Snack: avocado and a veggie salad (Fat from the oils in the hummus and veggie)
- Lunch: hummus and a tuna lettuce wrap (fat, protein, and veggie)
- Snack: cashew butter with stuffed green beans (fat and veggie)
- Dinner: amaranth with veggie stir fry (protein and grain)
Does your Metabolism need Revving up?
If you have been trying hard to lose weight, spending hours in the gym and making all the healthy choices but nothing seems to be working, this is a clear sign that your metabolism is not working as it should. A few tests can do the job for you. So, before you start the fast metabolism diet plan, making a beeline to your doctor’s chamber can give you the much-needed answers.
- Estrone: Estrone, one of the three forms of estrogen, can be the main reason why you are gaining weight in your abdomen area. Smart bit of supplementing with diindolylmethane also known as DIM can help; this is a phytonutrient especially found in cruciferous vegetables.
- Thyroid function: Your thyroid impacts your metabolism in more ways than one. It produces two hormones T3 and T4 that can speed up the fat burning process. There is another hormone called Reverse T3, or RT3, which has a diametrically opposite function, it stores fat. The thyroid based weight gain can be avoided by supplementing with iodine and selenium.
Metabolism Diet and Some Rules to Adhere by
If you are not able to lose all the weight you want to even after following the metabolic diet plan for 28 days, the author asks you to repeat the 28-day cycle or you can follow it as many times as you want to till you reach your goal weight. Some people get great results when they follow the diet at least once or twice a year, to incite your metabolism.
- Avoid processed foods- Even when you have lost the extra weight, make sure you stick to the basic rule of this metabolism diet, avoid putting anything processed on your plate, be it fake sugar or fake fat. Start reading labels, and find out the hidden foods which are processed and avoid them like plague.
- If you want to indulge, do it only occasionally- All those foods which are metabolism killers, namely, caffeine, corn, gluten, soy, sugar, alcohol, should be strictly avoided most days. Only occasionally you can indulge and be a little lenient with your dietary habits.
- Organic is the way to go- Try to consume organic food stuff, especially when it comes to chicken, dairy, eggs, beef and so on.
- Eat something before breakfast- Eat something at least 30 minutes before you start exercising to fuel your workouts.
- Break your fast early- Eat something within 30 minutes of your waking up.
- Five meals a day- Eat three main meals and two snacks, that is the ideal way to follow your fast metabolism diet plan.
- Eat seasonal foods- Seasonal foods contain the most nutrients, so consume more of them.
- Cook yourself- If you are planning to indulge, try and make them yourself so you would know exactly what is going on to your plate.
- Meal preparation- Plan your meals ahead so that you can stick to your eating plan.
- Continue to drink more water- Keep drinking more water and stay hydrated; drinking more water is the best way to boost your metabolism.
Fast metabolism Diet is the only diet which gives results within a very short period of time. The fact that you can eat more, to lose more weight makes this diet plan especially popular among weight watchers. Go on, start your dietary journey today and the best part of this diet plan is it feels less of a diet and more of a lifestyle change!