So, what is the first thing you drink when you get up in the morning? A glass of water? What if we tell you about a miracle drink which can aid in weight loss, help you detox and provide you with tons of benefits which you never dreamed were possible from a single drink?
Yes, lemon water benefits are far too many to list down, but we will try to do just that, and try to find out why this lemon water detox is touted to be one of the most nourishing and healing drinks ever! We’re afraid the days you woke up to a mug of coffee and tea are finally over.
- Lemon Water Health Benefits – Some Known Some Unknown
- Make yourself an Invigorating Glass of Lemon Water
- Lemon Water Recipes for Weight Loss
- Cayenne pepper Maple Syrup and Lemon Water Recipe
- Lemon and Cucumber Water
- Lemon and Ginger Detox Water for Weight Loss
- I Drank Lemon Water for a Month and Noticed these Changes
Lemon Water Health Benefits – Some Known Some Unknown
Imagine you have been sleeping for eight hours straight; few people sleep more than that, few people lesser than that, but that’s not the point; the point is that since you haven’t had water for so long, your body needs instant hydration as soon as you wake up. Lemon water is just what the good doctor ordered to replenish the lost fluids.
Well, this is just one of the benefits, there are tons of other benefits of lemon which you need to explore and implement in your daily life, so check out some of them.
- It aids in digestion– The Japanese have been doing it for years, waking up to two to three glasses of water, now you can do that too with the additional benefit of lemon. It wakes up your internal organs, helps cleanse your system and helps in digestion.
If you start your day right with the adequate amount of lemon water, you will feel energetic and refreshed all throughout the day. Try it, and you will feel the difference.
- Boost your immune system with a healthy dose of lemon water– The fact that lemons contain a fairly good amount of vitamin C and potassium (30 -50 mg) helps boost your immune system. In fact, you can strengthen your already weakened system with shots of lemon water.
So, you can be rest assured that days of sniffles and a red runny nose may be further minimized. Not a bad bargain that, and all this just by making lemon water an integral part of your life.
- Enhances the liver function- Your liver works hard to detox your body. So, you should aid the functioning of your liver, so how can you manage to do that? Yes, you guessed it right, just by breaking your fast with lemon water. This happens because lemon water helps increase stomach acid to aid digestion and increases the bile production.
- Glowing skin thanks to lemon water- The Vitamin C content boosts collagen production and makes your skin looks more smooth and beautiful. Since you also flush away the toxins from your system, you feel the difference in your skin, it’s visibly clearer and happier.
- Shed the excess pounds with lemon water- Lemon can be part of a healthy morning ritual; why is that, you ask? It can help you shed some stubborn pounds too. The reason why it happens is because lemon, like most fruits, contains a fiber called pectin which keeps you full for longer hours. Lemon water can uplift your mood and keep those irrational headaches away. So you feel happier and generally in a good mood.
- Avoid the caffeine crash- Do you feel a drop in energy levels even after drinking a large cup of tea or coffee? This is known as a caffeine crash, and you can avoid that by just drinking lemon water the first thing in the morning.
You will feel energetic throughout the day, because our body is provided with energy from the atoms and molecules of food, and when you have negative charged ions via lemon juice in your digestive tract, you immediately feel energetic and it lasts throughout the entire day.
Make yourself an Invigorating Glass of Lemon Water
It isn’t too difficult to make yourself a glass of lemon water, so it won’t take a great deal of time for you to concoct one. What you need are organic lemons stripped of harmful chemicals and preservatives. Squeeze a lemon into a glass of hot water. This is the simplest way you can make a tall glass of refreshing lemon water. But you can make your drink more potent by adding a few more natural ingredients and reap the lemon water health benefits.
Lemon Water Recipes for Weight Loss
Since lemon water by itself is a great drink for weight loss, adding a few healthy ingredients can only enhance its properties. Check out the following recipes to cleanse your system, flush out toxins and aid weight loss.
Cayenne pepper Maple Syrup and Lemon Water Recipe
This is a great tasting recipe which combines the most amazing natural ingredients, some of which boost your metabolism and some of which curb your gnawing hunger. Whatever it is, it just works just fine to kick start your weight loss plan with a bang.
The cayenne pepper is one of the most sought-after weight loss herbs ever, since it accelerates your metabolic rate, curbs your appetite and also melts fat. Yes, when it comes to cayenne pepper, the journey from flab to fab is achieved all in a day’s work. Maple syrup also adds a little bit of sweetness to get rid of the tart nature of the drink and it also helps in digestion. Here is how the magic combination of the cayenne pepper and magic syrup works. Say hello to a slim body and flat tummy in a few months’ time!
Ingredients to get
- 2 – lemon juice
- 2 tbsp.- organic maple syrup
- 1/10th– cayenne pepper
- 8 oz.- water
- Pour 8 oz. water in a glass.
- Add 2 tbsp. each of lemon juice, organic maple syrup, and cayenne pepper into the concoction and stir.
- Once the ingredients are well-stirred, drink it up.
- This is one concoction that can give you super-fast results, right from a toned body to an enviable
Lemon and Cucumber Water
Cucumber is a really low-calorie food which can help you shed the excess kilos really fast. What works is that it is loaded with dietary fiber and has alkalizing properties. It flushes out the toxins from your body and aids in digestion. Cucumber also helps increase the metabolism of the body and lose weight in the process. The combination of lemon and cucumber makes for a potent weight loss drink.
Ingredients to Get
- 2 glasses-water
- 4 cucumber slices
- 3 lemon slices
- 2-3 ice-cubes
- Take a large pitcher and pour two glasses of water into it.
- Add the cucumber and lemon slices to the water.
- Add ice cubes to the water to get make yourself a cool
- Store this water in the fridge.
- You have to drink this detox water more than a few times a day to initiate fat loss and that elusive trim body.
Lemon and Ginger Detox Water for Weight Loss
Ginger is one of the most effective spices for weight loss. It is ironic that we look for expensive solutions for weight loss when all we have to do is to look for solutions right in our humble kitchen. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties too, which help us find a solution to many diseases; weight loss is also a happy by-product of a lemon ginger drink.
The thermogenic property of ginger has something to do with the weight loss property as it speeds up the metabolism and also helps burn fat and lose the extra pounds with ease. Lemon in this regard aids ginger with its high Vitamin C content to get rid of the accumulated toxins and speed up the metabolism process. The effect shows on your body sooner than later.
Ingredients you need to get
- 12 ounces-water
- 2 Tbsp. –Lemon juice
- ½ inch-ginger
- Take a jar and pour 12 ounces of water into it.
- Add the lemon juice to the jar and stir well.
- Add grated ginger into the lemon water and stir well.
- To get maximum benefits, drink this drink as soon as you wake up early in the morning before you break your fast.
- One way this drink works is it enables detoxification and hence finally you are able to lose the extra weight too.
I Drank Lemon Water for a Month and Noticed these Changes
Human beings have always tried to find that miracle drink for weight loss that would help you to lose the extra kilos with great ease. No workouts, no clean eating, just one drink and you have a fit and healthy body. Well you know that can never happen, it is not one single remedy but a combination of clean eating and exercises and lifestyle changes which together can work like magic. So, when I heard about the lemon water concoction, I thought to myself I should certainly give it a try and feel the effects myself.
- I felt energetic- The first thing I noticed about myself is that I felt more I ditched my morning caffeine shot and embraced lemon water detox. I noticed that my sprightliness lasted a good deal longer and I did not feel the urge to reach out for tea and coffee that often. Wait a minute! I was about to lose my “tea addict” title! Not that I was complaining.
- My skin looked clean and clear- It was summer when I had started my lemon water ritual and my skin looked…well! At the risk of sounding vain, positively radiant! And no, I had not changed my moisturizer, just swapped my milk tea with lemon water.
- My headaches disappeared- Since I had a desk job, I had to stare at a computer all day long, and every day I ended with a throbbing headache, which very obviously I despised. But lemon water changed all that. Not only did my headaches disappear, but also I felt much Okay, even my colleagues stopped calling me grumpy. Wow! This is indeed a miracle drink.
- I lost inches and my stomach looked less flabby- Now, I don’t know what worked because I also started doing HIIT right at the same time that I started my morning lemon water detox ritual, But yes I do feel lighter, my jeans felt less tight on my waist and I was really exhilarated! It just shows that if you add a few healthy habits every day, the results are bound to follow.
- I was not down with a cold each time I picked an ice-cream- Yes! I often suffered from cold, the sniffles, the cold, the runny nose, you get the picture? Whatever I did, I wasn’t able to stop it from coming back. Lemon water did the trick for me. The sneezes minimized, I mean it did not stop completely, but somehow the frequency lessened considerably. The relief! To keep sneezing amongst a roomful of people and to endure the piteous looks that some people threw at me, not to forget looks of pure disgust too! Sometimes I just wished that the cold just vanished into thin air! Well, imagine my utter relief when my sneezing bouts thankfully showed me a clean pair of heels.
I do not know if all the changes could be attributed to lemon water. It probably is not the only reason that I discovered a healthier me. It was a conjunction of a whole lot of things. But then, when you begin your day right, everything else just falls into place. I felt the urge from within to become healthier, I do not know whether my internal organs changed for the better, or if they were really detoxified, but it was a good beginning and I did not mean to end it all too soon.
That’s right, my lemon water detox ritual is here to stay! So, have you started yet? This morning ritual? If you haven’t, then it is the right time to start.