Last Updated on
Monsoon is one such season where it not only brings some pleasurable experiences for heart and mind, but also a new set of skin problems which are quite irritating. We need to give utmost care and be attentive as our skin readily reacts to the atmospheric humidity and dampness. This leads to skin dryness, unnecessary pimple growth and a sudden strange red bump that appear like pimp on the face. It is unavoidable to escape the humid weather and it is quite important to maintain healthy glowing skin at the same time.
Usually we apply different beauty products to our skin, which will only double the problems in long run. Earlier we suggested some best home made face packs for different skin types. Now check out few best natural face packs that keep you free from acne blasts and other facial problems.
6 Best Natural Face Masks To Glow Your Skin This Monsoon
Fresh Banana Fruit Mask:
Fresh banana fruit face mask is suggested for those with oily skin type. This face mask helps in exfoliating your skin, unclogs your pores and helps in removing the dead cells from the deeper layers. Choose some ripe bananas in order to achieve effective results.
- Ripe Banana- 1
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Mash a ripe banana and add a tablespoon of honey and lemon juice extract and mix it well.
- Now apply the mixture on your face and neck and allow it to dry.
- After sometime wash your face with warm water and welcome an acne free skin.
- You can also add some orange or any citrus fruit extracts as they are rich in acids that cut- down oil from sebaceous glands.
We all know oatmeal as a good fiber rich food that helps in kicking cholesterol out of our body. But this super food also creates wonders when applied on skin. Oatmeal sweeps away dead skin cells, redness, and irritation leaving a soft and rejuvenated skin instantly.
- Oatmeal- 3tsp
- Honey- 1tsp
- Curd- 1tsp
- Egg white- 1
- Make a mixture by combining all the ingredients and refrigerate the combination for some time.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly before applying this face pack.
- Apply the paste on your face for quite some time and let it dry.
- Wash off with some clean water, pat it dry and this pack leaves your skin with a fresh feel.
Fruit Facial Mask:
Fruit facial mask with milk is best for normal skin type and people with this skin type must be cautious as dust and dirt accumulates easily on facial skin that eases the growth of pimples and red bumps.
- Apple- 1
- Milk- 4 cups
- Sugar- 1tbsp
- Chamomile oil- 2 to 3 drops
- Mash an apple and add 4 cups of milk and 1tbsp of sugar to it.
- Blend it well by adding few drops of chamomile oil before applying.
- Now apply the fruit mask on your face and let it dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off with some luke warm water. This mask nourishes and hydrates your skin from deep down inside and brings back the lost sheen and radiance.
Sandalwood Face Mask:
When it comes to healing skin problems sandalwood is an excellent source for curing acne, blackheads and any other skin eruptions. It is suitable for all skin types and is a great moisturizer for dry skin types.
- Crushed Sandalwood- 1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Rose Water- ¼ cup
- Take a bowl and mix well all the above ingredients and make it into a fine thick paste.
- Apply this paste for about 30 minutes on your face and allow it to dry.
- Later, wash it off with cold water. This mask radiates your skin instantly and keeps your skin moist throughout the day.
- People with dry skin can try this out twice a week.
Green Tea Face Mask:
Green Tea is rich in antioxidants that benefit the body both internally and externally. It helps in reducing the inflammation, redness and helps in protecting your skin from UV radiation exposure. Harness the benefits of green tea by trying out this special mask.
- Green Tea- 2 tbsp
- Yogurt- 1tbsp
- Essential oil- Recommended as per your skin type
- Take about 2 tablespoons of green tea and blend it in a mixer till it is grinded to fine powder.
- Blend it again by adding a table spoon of whipped yogurt.
- Adding your favorite essential oil is not mandatory but is best advised to add a drop of it as recommended based on your skin type.
- Now it is time to apply this on your face and neck by gently massaging for about a minute.
- Wash off with warm water and this pack calms your skin from itchiness and irritation.
Papaya Fruit Scrub:
Papaya is a seasonal fruit and is rich in nutritious content especially as a fruit rich in antioxidants. Applying papaya on your skin exfoliates the skin in a more gentle and natural way.
- Papaya- 1 slice/ 5-6 cubes
- Brown sugar- 1tsp
- Oatmeal- as per required
- Mash a slice or 5- 6 cubes of papaya properly with the help of back of a fork.
- Add a teaspoon of brown sugar and oatmeal as per the required quantity. See that oatmeal is slightly coarse in nature.
- Apply this on your face and massage in circular motions to reap maximum results.
- Leave it dry for about 2 minutes and wash off with some luke warm water.
- This scrub is good for both normal and dry skin types and helps in cleansing the pores in a natural way.
Remember the following hints when applying any face mask/ scrub
Here are some general hints I suggest you to follow before applying these face packs/ scrubs:
- When you use sugar in your pack, make sure that sugar granules are short of fine powder consistency and not very coarse.
- Scrubs should be applied not more than twice a week.
- Cleanse your face with clean water before applying any of the masks.
- People with dry skin are advised to use a moisturizer after scrubbing.
Other Quick Tips to Glow Your Skin:
Follow these quick noticeable tips before you start off with your daily routine as it always not advisable to apply these face packs everyday .
- Never leave home even without applying sunscreen even on a cloudy day.
- Applying toothpaste on an unwanted pimple overnight helps in killing the bacteria, dries out the pus and reduces the infection.
- Applying ice once or twice a day is also good. Always carry wet wipes to keep your skin moist.
- Intake of Vitamin C in your diet also helps your skin look healthy from inside.
I hope this article suggested you the maximum benefits on how to keep your skin healthy throughout the season without losing your natural sheen and good looks. Feel free to share this article and let me know your views via the below comments section.